Friday, January 30, 2009

Asparagus/Tempeh Meal

I had various ingredients in my kitchen so decided to come up with a meal. Here were the goods:


--Tamari, Buttermilk, Olive Oil, Stewed Tomatoes, Red Wine Vinegar, and broth (not pictured)
--Molasses, Paprika, Tumeric, Honey, Cinnamon, Bay Leaves, Cayenne, and Tabasco 


--Asparagus, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, and Onion
--Spaghetti Pasta and Tempeh

Then I chopped things up:



I Sauteed the onion, garlic, and celery first:



Added dried seasonings and tomatoes. Broke the tomatoes up in the pan:



Added Molasses, Honey, Bay Leaf, and Buttermilk. I let it all cook together for 15 minutes (may cook it longer in the future:



I fried my tempeh while my sauce cooked and then added it to the sauce:



Added asparagus and broth:


I allowed everything to cook for 20 minutes:


2 comments:

  1. well, did it taste good or what? I didn't get any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't bad. I think the sauce could have cooked longer and the tempeh browned with tamari sauce next time.

    ReplyDelete